Friday, October 4, 2013

Shopping club update 3

I placed my order on September 27 and my order arrived on October 2.  Not too bad.  The funny thing about it was that I checked the tracking number in the morning and there was no information but when I got to the post office at about 11:00 it was already in the parcel box.  I was excited.  I opened the box as soon as I got out to the car and looked through everything.  I had to wait until I got to town and back to actually try anything though.

I got home and started really looking at everything.  I didn’t really want to wait to get into everything but we had company and it wasn’t bath time for the kiddos yet.  I was happy when Little Sister made a mess of herself eating.  We could do tubby time.  The shampoo and body wash for the kiddos both smell the same.  Somewhat sweet, which I definitely prefer over the smell of some of the baby shampoos that we have used in the last 4 years.  Dollar store baby shampoo is what we were using and I definitely do not like the smell of that and the scent lasts quite a while.  The new baby shampoo did incredibly well with the girls’ hair.  Little Sister came out of the tubby smelling so sweet and clean that I wanted to snuggle with her the rest of the night.  Papa Bear scrubbed Big Sister’s hair quite a bit and it was still easy to brush afterwards without using any extra conditioner like we normally do with baby shampoo or even with my shampoo.  It is nice that we don’t have to use conditioner on her hair if we don’t want to or if we just plain don’t get it accomplished and her hair will still be manageable. 

I haven’t tried the tooth gel with either of the girls.  I have opened the floride tooth gel for Big Sister and I like the smell of it (berry).  I think she will like it.  I haven’t opened the tooth gel for Little Sister quite yet.  We need to get better at brushing teeth with the girls and hopefully the new tooth gel will help with that.  I got the children’s vitamins for Big Sister.  She likes them.  They are cherry flavor and are chewy vitamins.  They basically look like overgrown Smarties and look like they would have the same texture as you chew them. 

I got the foot care pampering pack for The Hubby and Myself.  We haven’t tried it yet.  It is a foot scrub, foot lotion, and foot spray.  You are supposed to use the scrub first than use the lotion.  From what I can tell you are supposed to use the spray after the lotion and it will help to hold in the moisture. 

I got the hot chocolate mix.  When you open it and smell it you can tell it was made with real cocoa.  It tastes good.  The first cup I made I used 1% milk and mixed it according to the directions.  It tasted good but I like my hot chocolate to be really chocolate.  The second cup I made I just used water and mixed it a bit stronger and it tasted good that way also.  I think I am going to try the milk with an even stronger mix ratio. 

I used my loyalty shopping dollars this month to get an 8oz bottle of the intensive moisture lotion and the disinfectant 2x concentrate and corresponding spray bottle.  I put the lotion in the cabinet because the bottle I have isn’t quite empty but really close.  I mixed up the disinfectant in the spray bottle according to directions and cleaned the top of my stove with it and my kitchen counters.  I like the way it works and the spray nozzle seems sturdy which is really nice.  I think it smells a bit funky but because it is thyme it is going to.  Thyme doesn’t smell all that different than oregano.  The Hubby thinks it stinks but it dissipates quickly enough with the air conditioning running and a candle burning in the room so it wasn’t really a big deal.  I don’t really mind the smell of it.  They have a 6x concentrate and an 8x concentrate of the disinfectant also. 


When I set the lotion bottle in the side of the towel cabinet I looked at the rest of the stuff in that cabinet and got rid of about half of it.  I was looking for products with sulfates or parabens in them.  Of the products that I got rid of the majority only had one or two parabens in them.  I found a few with at least one sulfate and one paraben.  I found one product with two sulfates and two parabens and one with two sulfates and four parabens.  All that is left are products that contain no parabens or sulfates except for a couple that contain only one sulfate.  I have kept them for now until I can get them replaced.  It is nice getting that stuff gone through so there is less clutter.  I still have another couple of gallon bags in the cabinet to go through and a couple of small shelves to go through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment